Have you suffered an injury, illness, or dangerous incident at your workplace?
If you have been injured in any way during the course of your work, our team of Personal Injury Lawyers can provide a complimentary no-obligation assessment of your potential workers’ compensation claim.
If you have suffered an injury at work or because of work, there are two types of claims:
- Statutory (no-fault) claims
- Common law claims (where the employee seeks common law action)
The benefits from WorkCover New South Wales cover both past and future:
- medical expenses
- rehabilitation expenses (for example, physiotherapy, massage, hospital expenses)
- loss of wages
- out of pocket expenses, generally
Our Sydney based Personal Injury Lawyers can help if you were injured in any way, as a result of your work, at your workplace, or on your way to or from the workplace:
- If you were in an accident while travelling to or from work, or while travelling to meetings or at another job site
- If you were injured at the office or onsite
- If you suffered a fall at your workplace
- Industrial Deafness
- If a previous injury has been aggravated as a result of your working conditions
- If you have suffered an injury as a result of operating machinery
- If workplace bullying and harassment have caused you psychological injury or mental distress
- Fatalities caused by a work-related event or by latent onset injuries such as mesothelioma or malignant skin cancer
As there are strict time limits for workers’ compensation claims in NSW, it is important you contact Bannister Law as soon as possible after your workplace injury so we can lodge the necessary claim forms with the insurance company. Before signing any documentation from your employer or their insurance company, please speak to one of our Personal Injury Lawyers to ensure you do not forfeit your right to claim damages.
Bannister Law, understand that you may have been immobilised as a result of your workplace injury, and offer personal home visits throughout Sydney to ensure that you receive timely legal advice regarding your workers compensation claim and legal rights.
In New South Wales, the WorkCover Independent Review Office (WIRO) provides funding for injured workers to obtain legal advice and representation for workers’ compensation claims . This funding includes the investigation of your claim and proceedings in the Worker’s Compensation Commission, if required. This means there are no costs payable by you.
Call us on 1300 226 647 or contact us today for a confidential no-obligation discussion with one of our experienced Personal Injury Lawyers.